According to Law n.º 13/2006 the collective transport of children and young people up to the age of 16 can only be carried out by drivers who hold a certificate issued by the Institute for Mobility and Transport, IP (IMT), after attending a professional training course with approval.
Requirements for the certification of drivers of collective transportation of children:
- Legal qualification to drive the car category used for transport;
- Driving experience of at least two years;
- Document proving medical and psychological inspection, proving the physical and psychological skills, on the same terms which is required for heavy passenger car drivers;
- Suitability of drivers proved by Certificate of Criminal Record;
- Certificate of the driver´s infractions.
Obtaining initial certification:
Attendance of a 35 hours training course with approval.
Renewal of certificate (every 5 years):
Attendance of a 20 hours training course with approval.